I’m a strong supporter of Amazon’s offerings including personal stores (where I sell my physical copies of D’mok Revival), Audible/ACX.com (where I have my audio book), and the Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP.amazon.com) for my ebooks.
The KDP program, in particular, is fantastic. It’s easy to use, has powerful reports concerning sales, and offers great marketing programs for those releasing their products exclusively through Amazon. Personally, I believe it’s worth that requirement! 🙂
There’s a new offering coming from Amazon that I just learned about this morning. I wanted to share it in the event others would be interested too! It sounds like an great program. I’m not sure if I’ll take advantage of it yet.
Email From Amazon on Sept. 26, 2014
Here at Amazon, we are working on a new program that will help you kick-start your book and potentially earn a new publishing contract – in 45 days or less.
Books will be published through a soon-to-be launched Amazon program. In the meantime here’s how it will work:
- Authors will be asked to submit their complete, never-before-published book and cover.
- After a few days, we will post the first pages of each book on a new website for readers to preview and nominate their favorites.
- Books with the most nominations will be reviewed by our team for potential publication.
Should you be selected for publication you will receive benefits that include:
- Guaranteed advance & competitive royalties: You will receive a guaranteed $1,500 advance and 50% eBook royalty rate.
- Focused formats: We acquire worldwide publication rights for eBook and audio formats in all languages. You retain all other rights, including print.
- 5-year renewable terms, $5,000 in royalties: If your book doesn’t earn $5,000 in royalties during your initial 5-year contract term, and any 5-year renewal term after that, you can choose to stop publishing with us.
- Easy reversions: After two years, your rights in any format or language that remains unpublished, or all rights for any book that earns less than $500 in total royalties in the preceding 12-month period, can be reverted upon request – no questions asked.
- Early downloads & reviews: One week prior to release date, everyone who nominated your book will receive a free, early copy to help build momentum and customer reviews.
- Featured Amazon marketing: Your book will be enrolled into the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library, Kindle Unlimited as well as be eligible for targeted email campaigns and promotions.
We believe authors thrive with options. If you value an advance, creative control, competitive royalties and marketing opportunities – this new program might be perfect for you.