September and October has been crazy with activity! Here’s what’s happened:
- Released my first “omnibus” which contained the first three novels, two novelettes, and two prologues from the next two novels
- Won one a Readers’ Favorite award in the youth: science fiction category for D’mok Revival: New Eden
- Incorporated the award emblems into the D’mok Revival: New Eden cover
- Released the ebook edition of D’mok Revival: New Eden on Amazon
- Finalized printing details of D’mok Revival: New Eden with lightningpress.com
- Planning out the D’mok Revival: New Eden launch party details (tentative: Nov 2016)
But as they say, “That’s not all!”
An oldie but goodie has come back on the radar. My board game concept, HoverDome, which simulated the hover bike racing action mentioned in D’mok Revival: Descension, and experienced by readers in D’mok Revival: New Eden, is back on the table (literally).
This weekend I’m attending a board game designer’s workshop at Game Universe, a local game store. I’m going to present the concept, do some playtesting, and hopefully evolve a few elements.
THEN, in two weeks, I’m attending a three day board game designer workshop in Madison. I’ll get to review it with fellow designers, playtest with folks off the street, and present it to board game publishers!
I’m so excited! In fact, since D’mok Revival: New Eden is out there, I can reference it directly as a cross-promotional opportunity, and provide more context about how this game came about.
So, tonight I’m going to do some quick enhancements to the paper prototype. I’m really looking forward to tomorrow.
Progress on Weun Academy is still moving forward. The slow progress is due to focusing a lot of time on the omnibus, and New Eden… But I’m always looking into the WA universe and seeing what’s going on. This continues to build pieces for me to stitch together and understand, in preparation for my next “sit down” writing session. It seems like every few hours I’m experiencing things that make me think, “That should really make it in WA.” Actually, there’s been plenty of things that have made me think, “This would be great for WA2!”
Right now, the plan is to target next summer to release Weun Academy. That’s actually a lot closer than you may think.
That’s all for now!